LOAD YOUR DATASET
Choose Column Separator and Load File
Your uploaded file (max 200 MB) needs be either an Excel file or a CSV file with UTF 8 encoding.
The file name should not contain "." (dot) character. For instance, if you file is called "test_07.01.2021.xlsx", rename it as something like "test_07_01_2021.xlsx.
If it is a CSV file, the column separator must be either comma or semicolon. You need to specify the separator. If it is an Excel file, the sheet with your data must be the first sheet of the Excel workbook.
Large datasets seem to take considerably more time to load if they are in Excel format, and if might make sense to convert them. There are three ways to save your Excel file as a CSV with UTF-8 encoding .
- Open your file in Excel and save as "CSV UTF-8 (Comma or Semicolon delimited)".
If this option is not available, still with Excel:
- Open your file in Excel and save as CSV (Comma or Semicolon delimited).
- Scroll down and choose Tools.
- Choose Web Options from the Tools drop-down menu.
- Select the Encoding tab
- Choose UTF-8 from the Save this document as: drop down menu
- Select OK.
if the above does not work, with Notepad:
- Open the file with Notepad
- File => Save As
- Encoding choose "UTF-8"
Now your file is saved as a UTF-8 encoded CSV file.